Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This pie does not have very many ingredients in it, but it is ohhh so good. I don't know why it's called Tears on Your Pillow Pie. Funny name, but great pie.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, flour, and milk until well blended.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350ºF or until crust is light golden brown.
- Turn off oven and leave the pie in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This recipe is sweet. I brought this to a group function, and those with sweet tooths were in heaven, while the rest of us thought it was a bit overdone. If you like your desserts sweet, you might give this s try!
Great pie,easy to put together and tastes great.
The reason it is called Tears on My Pillow is that when baking it puffs up nice and big and then collapses during set up time. It was a family recipe that had been passed down and lost during Hurricaine Rita. Thank you for posting it. It is a truly amazing recipe.