1/3 Photos of Amish Sugar Cream Pie
Chef assig's Note:
My whole family loves this recipe, even my husbands family loves it! This came from an Amish family in Indiana.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In sauce pan combine, white sugar, salt, half-and-half and whipping cream.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3In another sauce pan, combine Br.sugar & cornstarch.
- 4Gradually whisk in hot mixture into br.sugar mixture.
- 5Add margarine/or butter (to me this makes it even better.).
- 6Cook over med. heat, whisk constantly, 5 min or until thick.
- 7Simmer 1 minute and stir in van.
- 8Pour into uncooked pie shell and sprinkle w/cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 9Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- 10I recommend 100 Year Old Pie Crust for this pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Sugar Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.9
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 181.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g