Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a friend at school who did a speech on them. She gave us each a sample. They were so good!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix granulated sugar, powdered sugar, butter, and cooking oil together.
- Add eggs, mix again.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, vanilla, and baking soda mix together.
- Drop small balls of dough on cookie sheet.
- Pour a small amount of granulated sugar in a bowl.
- Dip bottom of a cup in the small bowl of sugar.
- Then slightly flatten dough with the bottom of cup.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
An excellent cookie and so tender. I thought we'd have to refrigerate the dough before forming into balls but it worked out ok without chilling. We used a small meatball (1-inch size) scoop and made about 5 dozen cookies.
Excellent cookies, I have but one 3'X 4' counter to work at; not having to roll these out was great and they were and I say were cause they are all gone...Fantastic
These are awesome. Very light and fluffy. I like my sugar cookies with lemon flavor, so I left out the vanilla and added the juice and grated rind of one lemon. Truly great cookies.