1/1 Photo of Amish Style Lemonade
From the Inquirer Magazine of the Philadelphia Inquirer, August 1998. Unwaxed lemons would be ideal for this if you can find them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut lemons in half lengthwise and slice thinly, as if for garnish.
- 2Mash them with the sugar and salt in a large, deep bowl or crock with an old-fashioned potato masher or heavy wooden spoon until the slices give up their juice, the sugar is dissolved and the juice is syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- 3Pour about half the lemon slices into a sieve over a bowl or pot, pressing the solids to release as much liquid as possible.
- 4Discard the solids and transfer the liquid to a serving pitcher.
- 5Repeat the process with the remaining lemons.
- 6Stir in the water until blended.
- 7Add ice cubes or chill, stirring just before serving over ice.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Style Lemonade
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 41.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g