My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs white bread, cut in 1/2 inch cubes (good quality)
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, Poached
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, Minced
- 3/4 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 cup celery, Chopped
- 1 cup carrot, Shredded
- 1 1/4 cups potatoes, boiled, fine-chopped
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 5 eggs
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth or 2 1/2 cups canned broth
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2On 2 cookie sheets, toast the bread cubes for 15 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- 3Transfer to a very large mixer bowl.
- 4Bone the chicken and very finely chop the meat, discarding the skin. (I do this in the food processor while chicken is still warm.)
- 5Add the chopped vegetables and chicken meat to the bread, along with the seasonings. Toss.
- 6In a medium bowl, beat the eggs;add the evaporated milk and broth.
- 7Pour over the bread mixture and blend.
- 8The mixture will be quite moist. Allow to stand 1 hour.
- 9Preheat oven to 350 F
- 10Transfer the dressing to an oiled 3 quart glass casserole that is 10 inches in diameter and 3 inches deep (at this point, dressing can be frozen for future use; thaw before baking.)
- 11Bake dressing for 2 hours, or until the center of the
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Stuffing (Dressing)
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 465.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 16.0 g