1/1 Photo of Amish Sticky Buns, Sweet Rolls--Wow Wow Wow!
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These are a 'tried and true' treat here in Amish country. These will be hard to beat in flavor, and will always get rave reviews from those you choose to bless with this dish! ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup water (approx. 105 degrees)
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1Dissolve yeast and 1 tbsp sugar in warm water.
- 2Scald milk, then add butter, sugar and salt.
- 3Cool to lukewarm.
- 4Add two cups flour.
- 5Add yeast and eggs.
- 6Stir in the remainder of the flour and knead lightly.
- 7Let rise until double.
- 8While dough is rising, boil all syrup ingredients for two minutes.
- 9Divide syrup into six 8-inch square pans (or I sometimes use 3- 9x13 pans).
- 10When dough is doubled, punch down and divide into two parts.
- 11Roll each part (one at a time) into a 12x18-inch rectangle on a well floured board or table.
- 12Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 13Roll up tightly, beginning at the wide side.
- 14Cut into 1 inch slices, and lay slices on top of the syrup in the pans.
- 15Repeat with all dough.
- 16Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Sticky Buns, Sweet Rolls--Wow Wow Wow!
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 98.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g