I found this recipe in my files. I dont remember where I got it, but it's good. I love the simplicity of the recipe.
- Beat sour cream and egg together.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in apples.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Mix the crumb topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Remove pie from oven and spread with crumb topping.
- Bake 20 more minutes.
My family fell in love with this pie. I found it easy to make - the only thing is that I needed a larger pie plate than 9 inch.
I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it. Easy to make too. Juanita in Nova Scotia
Great Apple pie. Easy to make with a great taste. I did not make any changes, used granny smith apples, a deep dish pie shell and served with ice cream. I did not even have to cover the crust it came out golden crisp and perfect. My family loved it. Thank you for the recipe.