Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An Amish recipe I'm putting here to try later.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Cream together the shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well, stir in the vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Add to butter mixture.
- Stir together the 1 T sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into balls and roll in sugar mix. Bake 8 minute at 400.