Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is simple to make and surprisingly delicious. It's my husband's favorite casserole.
- 2 cups ground beef (uncooked, I use ground round)
- 2 cups raw potatoes, sliced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- onion (I like to add thin slices of onions on top)
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle each layer with salt and pepper before adding the next layer. Place potatoes in the bottom of the casserole. Add the layer of celery. Add the layer of hamburger. Add the layer of onions. Add the green pepper.
- Pour the tomatoes over the mixture.
- Bake for 2 hours at 350°F (I cover with foil after about an hour).
Not being overly fond of celery I substituted shredded cabbage. A tasty & easy dish. Reheated leftovers were great on toast for another quick meal :-)
Our family found this recipe simply delicious and easy to make.
I made this last week to use up celery and green pepper that I had on hand. You are so right, Tonkcat, this really suprisingly delicious. I can see why this is your husband's favorite casserole. The leftovers were very good also. Thank you for posting - this is a keeper!