Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These beans are so good. The bacon and tomato give a lot of flavor and color the beans.
Make and share this Amish Schnitzel Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Dice bacon and fry until crisp.
- Add sliced onions and fry until a light brown.
- Add green beans and brown slightly.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and water.
- Lower heat and cook until beans are tender.
Fresh green beans flavored with bacon and lightly browned onions. Fresh diced tomatoes add the perfect flavor accent as well as color. Cutting the beans into small pieces, not only ensures their tenderness but also provides a different presentation that is the perfect foil for the diced tomatoes. The only thing I did different was to rough chop the onions to size them to the other ingredients. Thanks Ann for another "simply" delicious recipe !