- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 6 crackers, broken
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- .Soak crackers in milk.mix together all ingredients for beef patties.shape mixture into 6 oblong patties and brown slightyl on each side.
- Save the drippings.place them in a baking dish --
- Prepare a gravy by adding 3 cups water to the beef drippings.
- Bring to a boil, make a smooth paste with flour and 1 cup of water.
- add paste to boiling drippings in a thin stream.
- Stir quickly and constantly to prevent lumps.
- Add seasonings and heat till thickened.
- pour gravy over beef patties.
- Bake at 400* for 45 minutes.