Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
this will make about 6 servings..my husband never gets tired of this...really good
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 6 crackers, broken
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- .Soak crackers in milk.mix together all ingredients for beef patties.shape mixture into 6 oblong patties and brown slightyl on each side.
- Save the drippings.place them in a baking dish --
- Prepare a gravy by adding 3 cups water to the beef drippings.
- Bring to a boil, make a smooth paste with flour and 1 cup of water.
- add paste to boiling drippings in a thin stream.
- Stir quickly and constantly to prevent lumps.
- Add seasonings and heat till thickened.
- pour gravy over beef patties.
- Bake at 400* for 45 minutes.
My husband shoved this down like it owed him money.
Very nice recipe. I cut the recipe in half for 3 of us (except for using the whole egg and the 1/4 cup onion) and found it would easily serve four so someone gets to enjoy this again soon. I served it with mashed potatoes and corn. I didn't think 1 tblsp of flour (for a half recipe) would be enough and it really didn't thicken up as much as we would have liked. Next time I will increase the flour by at least a half tblsp. I really liked having it finish in the oven which gives time to get everything else ready. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Very good (skipped the gravy) and halved the recipe which was wonderful served with green beans - wish I made potatoes to go with it -- well next time, along with the gravy. Thanks for sharing!