Recipe by Miss Annie
This rhubarb pie is simple, but good. I love the crumb topping on it. For a slight change, try Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie. The crumb topping may be replaced with a full or lattice crust.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This pie is fantastic! The easy to follow directions make this a breeze to prepare. I LOVED the crumb topping to which I couldn't resist adding a few generous dashes of cinnamon to. With a scoop of ice cream this makes THE perfect springtime dessert. Most definitely a keeper!
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells (see Favorite Pie Crust recipe.)
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Combine the rhubarb, sugar, flour, lemon and salt.
- Turn into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients; mix with hands until large crumbs form sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes more or until crumbs are brown and pie is bubbly.
- Cool on rack.
- NOTE: Rhubarb is tart.
- Depending on your taste, you might want to add more sugar.