This rhubarb pie is simple, but good. I love the crumb topping on it. For a slight change, try Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie. The crumb topping may be replaced with a full or lattice crust.
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Combine the rhubarb, sugar, flour, lemon and salt.
- Turn into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients; mix with hands until large crumbs form sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes more or until crumbs are brown and pie is bubbly.
- Cool on rack.
- NOTE: Rhubarb is tart.
- Depending on your taste, you might want to add more sugar.
This pie is fantastic! The easy to follow directions make this a breeze to prepare. I LOVED the crumb topping to which I couldn't resist adding a few generous dashes of cinnamon to. With a scoop of ice cream this makes THE perfect springtime dessert. Most definitely a keeper!
This was super simple and really really good. My only change was to add about quadruple the lemon juice (my mistake) and my kids thought it might have been even better with the extra kick. I agree that the crumb topping is fabulous.
I always have lots of rhubarb from the garden but never any strawberries on hand so it was so nice to find a pie without strawberries. The flavor and consistancy were so good and I'm not even a big rhubarb fan. I think the crumb topping is what made this a five star. THANKS!