Recipe by Kim D.
A plain, yet flavorful quick bread made with sourdough starter. I found the recipe printed in the Houston Chronicle years ago. To give the bread a kick, you can add fruits and nuts of your choice. This bread feezes well.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Pour batter into 2 well-greased and sugared 9X5X2-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until done (You can test to see if it is done, by placing a wooden toothpick in the center of the cake, it if comes out dry, it's done).
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- ~NOTE~If desired, add 1 cup chopped nuts and/or fruit such as apples, dates, cranberries, diced apples or raisins to each loaf.