Recipe by JPerez
Delicious and easy-to-make Amish recipe for potato salad. Note: Amish potato salad is sweet so this isn't your typical potato salad. It's much better!
- 12 cups peeled potatoes
- 12 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, finely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until cooked, but not too soft.
- Use a food processor or salad shooter to chop cooked potatoes and hard-boiled eggs (or you can chop by hand).
- Combine onion and celery with potatoes and eggs.
- Mix all remaining ingredients well and stir into potato mixture.
- Best when made a day ahead. Enjoy!