1/2 Photos of Amish Pot Roast
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Do not pound or flour the meat. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over high heat, then sear meat on both sides.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large roasting pan, combine soy sauce, coffee, bay leaves, garlic, oregano and one of the sliced onions.
- 4Transfer the browned meat to the roasting pan.
- 5Top with the second sliced onion.
- 6Cover and bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, basting every hour with pan juices.
- 7If the liquid begins to boil away, add another cup of coffee and a splash of soy sauce. You may need to repeat this procedure; there should be quite a bit of liquid.
- 8Cut the meat in thin slices and serve with pan juices.
Browse Our Top Amish/Mennonite Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.4 mg
- Sodium 812.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 51.9 g