Recipe by grandma2969
just another recipe entry to try sometime..the recipe calls for 5-7 cups of milk..enough to bring ingredients to within 1/2" of top edge The hand written recipe I came across did not give specific baking time..so I am just guessing, since I had to enter something..will post a correction when I get a chance to try this..
- 1 (8 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 15 ounces stale bread, crumbled
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 5 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Roll out and line an 8" pie pan.
- Crumble the hard bread, (You will need enough bread to fill pie shell).
- Add sugar, flour and cinnamon, sprinkling evenly over top of bread.
- Fill pie shell with milk to within 1/2" of top edge.
- Bake until the pie is firm in the middle and you don't see any juice in the middle.