Recipe by dripdripsplat
A delicious take on jello. Although the combination may sound a bit on the odd side, it is extremely refreshing, especially on a hot summer day. Perfect for BBQs and Potlucks. For a "healthier" version, we use sugar-free jello (0.3 ounce package). **Chilling Time not included in Preparation**
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the Jell-O and sugar in a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Add boiling water and stir for at least 2 minutes, until fully dissolved.
- Stir in the cold water and refrigerate 35 to 40 minutes, uncovered, until the Jell-O has set to a point between liquid and solid but is not fully firm.
- Add the pineapple and carrots. (Adding the pineapple and carrots at this stage will cause the heavier pineapple to sink to the bottom and the lighter carrots to stay on top.).
- DO NOT STIR.
- Refrigerate until firm.