Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy candy recipe for children to help with
Make and share this Amish Pecan Penuche recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan pieces
- Combine the sugar and milk in a 4 quart heavy bottomed pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to avoid curdling.
- Cook until the soft ball stage is reached 234*-240*.approximately 16-17 minutes. remove the pan from the heat, and add the butter, and set aside to cool without stirring.
- When it is lukewarm 110* approximately 1 hour. but keep checking. beat until thick and creamy, about 2 minutes by hand. Add the vanilla, pecans and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer immediately to a lightly buttered 8x8 pan.
- Cool completely and cut into 1x2" pieces.