Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a great way to "fry" that chicken without all of the splatter on top of the stove. A good recipe, and I think it is good cold too.
Top Review by Mary in OR
This is wonderful. Tender, moist, browns nicely and has great flavor, also, it is quick and easy. I did use only a dash of pepper in place of the 2 tsp., only due to the fact I don't like pepper. This will be a definite repeat.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 10 chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil and butter in a shallow cooking pan and place in 375ºF oven to melt butter, set aside.
- In a large paper sack, combine dry ingredients.
- Roll the chicken pieces, 3 at a time, in butter and oil then drop into a sack and shake to cover.
- Place on a plate until all pieces are coated.
- Leave any excess butter and oil in pan.
- Place chicken in the pan skin side down (or its just as good if you remove all the skin first).
- Bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until crust begins to bubble.