1/10 Photos of Amish Oven-Fried Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
This is a great way to "fry" that chicken without all of the splatter on top of the stove. A good recipe, and I think it is good cold too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place oil and butter in a shallow cooking pan and place in 375ºF oven to melt butter, set aside.
- 2In a large paper sack, combine dry ingredients.
- 3Roll the chicken pieces, 3 at a time, in butter and oil then drop into a sack and shake to cover.
- 4Place on a plate until all pieces are coated.
- 5Leave any excess butter and oil in pan.
- 6Place chicken in the pan skin side down (or its just as good if you remove all the skin first).
- 7Bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes.
- 8Turn chicken pieces over and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until crust begins to bubble.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Oven-Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 287.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: