Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 1⁄4 cup beef bouillon granules
- 10 cups hot water
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 8 whole cloves
- 3 celery ribs, cut into thirds
- 2 large carrots, peeled,cut into thirds
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 seeded green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 bunch parsley sprig, plus
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Dissolve beef bouillon in water in large Dutch oven.
- Add chuck roast, cloves, celery, carrots, onion, green pepper and parsley sprigs.
- Cover; bake until meat is tender, 3 hours.
- Transfer meat to cutting board.
- Shred meat into bite-size pieces.
- Remove vegetables from broth with slotted spoon; chop.
- Return meat and vegetables to broth.
- Stir in uncooked noodles, salt and pepper; cover.
- Bake until noodles are tender, stirring once, about 30 minutes.
- Add additional water if noodles absorb all of broth.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.