Recipe by Miss Annie
A nice side dish. I love thise with the sweet onions (1015, Vidalia, Maui Sweets).
Top Review by sweethonesty24 Fleming
Made these to go with seafood for the super bowl and they were a hit! I had to triple the recipe. I reccomend everyone try these, they would be good with beans or chili.....just about anything.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the dry ingredients, then add the milk.
- This should make a fairly thick batter.
- Add the onions and mix thoroughly.
- Drop the batter by spoonsful into hot deep fat.
- When golden on one side (about 3-4 minutes), turn them and flatten them into patties.
- Fry until golden on the second side (about 3-4 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels.