These are even better than a Little Debbie oatmeal cookie
Make and share this Amish Oatmeal Whoopie Pie Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml flour
- 473.18 ml quick-cooking oatmeal, not instant
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 44.37 ml boiling water
- 1 egg white
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml milk
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 59.14 ml vegetable shortening
- For oatmeal cookie mixture -- cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and add to creamed mixture.
- Add cinnamon and oatmeal.
- Mix well. Add soda to hot water and add to batter -- mix well.
- Drop by tblspoon onto greased cookie sheet;
- bake 19-15 min in 325* oven.
- For filling, combine egg white, vanilla, milk and 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Cream well.beat in mixing bowl about 10 minutes.Add rest of ingredients and beat an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Put filling between 2 cookies.
- Wrap each whoopie pie cookie in plastic wrap.