1/1 Photo of Amish Oatmeal Whoopie Pie Cookies
These are even better than a Little Debbie oatmeal cookie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal, not instant
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1For oatmeal cookie mixture -- cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- 2Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and add to creamed mixture.
- 3Add cinnamon and oatmeal.
- 4Mix well. Add soda to hot water and add to batter -- mix well.
- 5Drop by tblspoon onto greased cookie sheet;
- 6bake 19-15 min in 325* oven.
- 7For filling, combine egg white, vanilla, milk and 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- 8Cream well.beat in mixing bowl about 10 minutes.Add rest of ingredients and beat an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 9Put filling between 2 cookies.
- 10Wrap each whoopie pie cookie in plastic wrap.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Oatmeal Whoopie Pie Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.2
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 233.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g