These are even better than a Little Debbie oatmeal cookie
Make and share this Amish Oatmeal Whoopie Pie Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal, not instant
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- For oatmeal cookie mixture -- cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and add to creamed mixture.
- Add cinnamon and oatmeal.
- Mix well. Add soda to hot water and add to batter -- mix well.
- Drop by tblspoon onto greased cookie sheet;
- bake 19-15 min in 325* oven.
- For filling, combine egg white, vanilla, milk and 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Cream well.beat in mixing bowl about 10 minutes.Add rest of ingredients and beat an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Put filling between 2 cookies.
- Wrap each whoopie pie cookie in plastic wrap.