Recipe by Mercy
This is my Dad's favorite noodle recipe. He makes them for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. Cooking time is actually the drying time. These can be frozen in zippy bags and used, as needed.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour in bowl, make well in center, add the rest of the ingredients and stir with fork until it combines and ball forms.
- Turn out on kneading board dusted with bread flour and knead for 5 minutes.
- Cover dough with towel and let it rest 45 minutes.
- Cut the dough into quarters.
- Roll out one fourth into a rectangle 8"x14", until almost paper thin, flour on both sides and set aside.
- Roll out the other three sections, stack them together and let them set for 30 minutes.
- Roll them up like a jelly roll, starting with shortest side and using a very sharp knife, cut them the width you prefer.
- If there is any moisture add a little more flour.
- Unroll the circles, separate them and let them dry, hours if necessary.
- Cook in broth for 5 to 7 minutes.