Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is a recipe from Vermont where my son and d-i-l went to college, met and fell in love. Ooey, gooey, maple cream.
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 2⁄3 cup real maple syrup, i usually use dark grade b
- 1 pinch salt
- 9 inches baked pie shells
- whipped cream or Cool Whip (to garnish)
- In a large saucepan combine maple syrup, condensed milk and the pinch of salt.
- Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly until bubbles form in center of pan.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream or cool whip when ready to serve.
I was looking for a dessert to put together with the maple syrup we got at the sugar bush yesterday and was happy to find this simple recipe. This was so very easy to put together and tasted great(for someone with a sweet tooth) As others said be sure to stir to prevent burning and definitely add the whipped topping. I used Amber, Canadian grade 2 maple syrup.
Thank-you mandabears... I put whip cream on top of the cooled pie and also put toasted walnuts and just a little drizzled chocolate. For when you have that sweet tooth craving...I also used a cookie pie crust #31934
I love maple and had to try this when I saw it...man oh man, it is root canal sweet! Don't skip the whipped cream, you'll really need it to balance the gooey filling. Should also get 5 stars for being a super easy 2 ingredient pie. I used fat-free Eagle Brand and Grade A maple syrup cause it's what I had but I bet the dark grade B would be really good. Be sure and stir so it doesn't burn. Thanks, mandabears, for a great recipe!