Recipe by mandabears
this is a recipe from Vermont where my son and d-i-l went to college, met and fell in love. Ooey, gooey, maple cream.
Top Review by Tiggrr
I was looking for a dessert to put together with the maple syrup we got at the sugar bush yesterday and was happy to find this simple recipe. This was so very easy to put together and tasted great(for someone with a sweet tooth) As others said be sure to stir to prevent burning and definitely add the whipped topping. I used Amber, Canadian grade 2 maple syrup.
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 2⁄3 cup real maple syrup, i usually use dark grade b
- 1 pinch salt
- 9 inches baked pie shells
- whipped cream or Cool Whip (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine maple syrup, condensed milk and the pinch of salt.
- Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly until bubbles form in center of pan.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream or cool whip when ready to serve.