Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not sure where I found this recipe, but it's asked for alot for lunch ^_^
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons relish
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons white vinegar
- salt, to taste
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- (While macaroni is cooking, boil eggs.)
- In seperate bowl, stir together the eggs, onion, celery, red pepper, and relish.
- In another seperate bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, salt.
- Combine both mixtures, pour over macaroni. Stir until well blended.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Great stuff! Being from Pennsylvania and living on the west coast, I miss the Amish cooking I was so used to. This will help fill that culinary gap!
This is awesome!!! The only thing I did different was exclude the eggs because my kids & hubby hate eggs, but it still tasted great without them. Thanks!!!