Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great recipe. Easy to make and delicious. I tried it at a party and really enjoyed it. This recipe is so simple I am embarassed to even post it.
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 16 ounces of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 16 ounces water
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Put Cottage Cheese in 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Add Macaroni.
- Add Water.
- Add shredded cheese.
- Stir together.
- Place in preheated 300* oven.
- Take out after 30 minutes and stir.
- Place back into oven for 30 more minutes (make sure you check it every few minutes after another 20 minutes because you do not want to overbake it or it will dry out).
Not dry at all. I used 24oz of 4% cottage cheese and added 1t onion powder, dry mustard & white pepper. Next time I will use a little less shredded cheese.
I am sorry but we did not care for this. Made as directed, read all reviews prior to making. The flavor was good but the texture was somewhat grainy or off somehow we think it is because you don't cook the macaroni first. We ate our servings but threw the rest, about a half a pan, out. Sorry.
I've made this about a thousand times now, lol! I have finally perfected it. The first few times it was a little dry, however, I figured out exactly when to pull it out, how important it was to stir, etc... I also use 4% cottage cheese to give it that extra moistness. I sometimes add diced ham now, and make it a meal!