Recipe by grandma2969
the addition of orange juice and the honey has a filling lighter in flavor and texture than most raisin pies..and it has a golden hue because orange juice is the liquid. You will need pastry for a 2 crust 9" pie
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (2 large oranges)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 grated orange, zest of
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 2⁄3 cups seedless raisins
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425*.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 9" pie pan with it. and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, water, honey, vanilla, mace and salt and orange zest and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl, then gradually add to the hot mixture, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Stir in the raisins, then remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle the flour over the botton of the pie shell and then pour in the filling.
- dot with the butter, roll out the top crust, cover the filling, crimp the edges to seal, and slash the top so that the steam can escape.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.cool slightly and serve warm.