Recipe by bshemyshua
This recipe is from Amish Cooking by Pathway Publishers. This recipe is a sweet, mild dipping mustard. Identical to Herlochers Dipping Mustard in flavor. If you live in the Ohio area, Herlochers is often available in the deli section of larger grocery stores. This is excellent for deli meat and cheese trays. Very good on smoked meat or cheese sandwiches.
Top Review by WyomingMoonDust
I will NEVER EVER buy mustard again. I made this as is and added honey to it the third time added some horseradish to it. OMG every time this comes out excellent and everyone raves! Thank you for posting a winning recipe. wish I could give it 1 million stars!
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup sweet cream (single cream)
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 egg
- turmeric, to color (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients with a wire whisk in the top of a double boiler.
- Bring to a boil on stovetop over medium heat.Then continue to lightly boil until thick.
- After this has thickened remove from heat and sprinkle a little turmeric in and blend to add more of a yellow color.