Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
you will need to mix your favorite two layer size chocolate cake for this...bake in 2 9" layers..cool and filling with the following baking time includes the time to bake a two layer chocolate cake
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- powdered sugar
- Cook .1 cup milk, 3 tbls flour and 1/2 cup white sugar -- leave the lid on so no skin forms -- cool and mix together the following -- 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup crisco shortening,pinch of slat and 1 tsp vanilla --
- add to first mixture and beat well.
- you can spread this between the two layers of cake, or cut each layer in half and you would have 3 layers of filling instead of one.
- to prepare the topping ingredients.
- melt butter and add cocoa powder and blend.add 1/4 cup boiling water and powdered sugar til thick enough --
- pour over cake -- make it thin enough so it will drip over the edges.
- I have really taken some liberties with this recipe for filling -- I have baked different flavored cakes.and use the filling from this.and made glaze co-ordinate with cake flavor.this is a great all purpose recipe -- many ways to use this idea.