Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve on your favorite rye bread with bread and butter pickles or serve on crackers as an appetizer.
- 1 lb sliced ham, cut into julienne strips
- 1 lb sauerkraut, rinsed and drained well
- 1 lb swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill weed
- mayonnaise, as needed
- Mix all the ingredients together and add mayonnaise until it reaches a consistency that you are happy with.
Made this tonight. The family liked the taste. I needed something a little different to take to work and I think I have found it. Thanks for posting.
We were looking for something different for the lunchbox and this fit the bill. It was a nice change of pace from the plain ham and cheese sandwich, with both crunchy and creamy textures. I added 2 tablespoons of brown mustard because I felt something was missing. This stores well for a couple of days worth of sandwiches, and the flavor impoves overnight in the fridge. Thanks for posting!