1 hr 20 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
These little pies were taken to the church for the children to eat so they would be quiet. They would be great for picnics, potlucks, breakfast, or for visiting grandkids. They freeze well.
My Private Note
Half Mo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the dried apples in a saucepan with water and the salt.
- 2When apples are soft and pulpy, add the sugar, orange and cinnamon.
- 3Simmer until water is cooked away.
- 4Roll pastry out and cut in 8 inch circles.
- 5Place generous portions of the mixture on half of the pastry rounds; fold the pastry over and pinch the edges tightly together.
- 6Bake in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake about 35 to 40 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Half Moon Pies or Preaching Pies
Serving Size: 1 (1379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 208.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 85.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g