Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
from Edna Miller, an Amish cook from Ohio
Make and share this Amish Graham Cracker Fluff recipe from Food.com.
- beat the egg yolks, sugar and milk.
- cook until slightly thickened.
- soak gelatin in cold water, pour over hot mixture.and stir.
- chill until slightly thickened.
- add beaten egg whites, and whipped cream.
- mix butter, brown sugar and crackers.
- line bottom of pan with half of the cracker crumbs.
- put in your pudding and add the remaining crumbs on top --
- refrigerate till well chilled.
- you can make this a day ahead.
The recipe needs some tweaking. It's WAY too sweet. A better recipe I've found is 3/4 cup sugar. This recipe is also missing the teaspoon of Vanilla extract. Recap: use less sugar, add vanilla = better recipe.
Turned out great! Just like the fluff from our amish restaurant that closed!