Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
got this recipe from an Amish woman who worked at a bed and breakfast we stayed at in Berlin Ohio
Make and share this Amish Gourmet Apple Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 9 fresh apples
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- peel, and slice apples.
- place in a greased 11x7" baking pan.
- mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.mix well.
- break egg into mixture and continue to mix with your hands till well combined.
- pour mixture over apples --
- melt butter and pour over apples --
- liberally sprinkle the mixture with cinnamon.and cardamon for a slightly different flavor.
Made this last night with rave reviews. I used some Galas and some Granny Smith. Amount of sugar is not specified, so I used 1/3 c. brown sugar and it was just right. The cardamom gave it more depth.