Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
To make sure the greens are wilted before eating(covering the greens with a hot dressing only partially accomplishes this), drop them into a pot of boiling water. Let tand for 5 - 10 minutes. Then drain leaves, pouring off juice.
- Salad: Wash carefully, Endive or spinach leaves, then chop or tear into 1 inch long pieces.
- Top with sliced eggs.
- Cover with hot bacon dressing and serve.
- Hot Bacon Salad Dressing: Brown bacon; remove from drippings and crumble.
- Combine sugar and flour.
- Add egg, salt, vinegar and water and mix until smooth.
- Pour into bacon drippings and heat stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add crumbled bacon.