Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 lbs white bread, crusty, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, poached
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups potatoes, diced
- 3 teaspoons sage
- 3 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 5 eggs
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- Boil potatoes until just barely tender. Drain and set aside.
- Poach chicken and set aside to cool. When cooled, skin, debone and chop meat finely. Discard skin.
- In a large bowl add bread, chicken, parsley, onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, sage, celery seed, thyme, pepper and turmeric. Toss well to combine.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, evaporated milk and chicken stock together. Pour over bread mixture and mix well.
- Mixture will be quite moist. Allow to stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease a 3 quart casserole. Transfer dressing to prepared casserole dish and bake for 1 - 1 1/2 hours, or until center puffs up and top is golden brown.