Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found and made this recipe today...this pie is SO good! The recipe comes from Midwest Living's April 2003 issue, originally from the M&M Cafe in Monticello, Wisconsin.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Whisk in the half-and-half or light cream and cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter, brown sugar and vanilla until butter melts.
- Pour into baked pie shell and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake the pie in a 325° oven for 30 minutes- the center of the pie will not be set.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Chill for 3 to 6 hours before serving- pie will set up upon chilling.
- Cover for longer storage.
This pie is amazing. I put 1/2 cup coconut in it to make it coconut cream pie. My dad couldn't stop talking about how it was the best coconut cream pie he's ever had. Great!
Truly delicious pie, very rich and creamy, but I think I'll use a little less sugar the next time. I made two, and I'm taking one to an important meeting to share with friends over coffee. Yum.
Hey Jude! I made this pie yesterday because I saw your recommendation of it on the boards. You were right! It is fantastic! I prepared it as directed, using Mean Chef's Basic Pie Crust, which has become a standard in my home. I served it with fresh blueberries and a dollop of whipped cream. So creamy and delicious! A delight in every bite!! Thanks so much for bringing to Zaar to share with us!