Recipe by Hey Jude
I found and made this recipe today...this pie is SO good! The recipe comes from Midwest Living's April 2003 issue, originally from the M&M Cafe in Monticello, Wisconsin.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 2 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Whisk in the half-and-half or light cream and cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter, brown sugar and vanilla until butter melts.
- Pour into baked pie shell and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake the pie in a 325° oven for 30 minutes- the center of the pie will not be set.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Chill for 3 to 6 hours before serving- pie will set up upon chilling.
- Cover for longer storage.