Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
We shared this pie at an Amish restaurant in the area..and begged for the recipe and here it is!!
- 2 cups milk, may use lower fat
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a blender, put blender on medium speed and count to ten --.
- pour into a 9" deep dish pie pan.
- during the baking process, the flour drops to form the crust.and the remaining ingredients will form the filling --.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
Made this last night to bring to work today for my boss's birthday. I needed something quick & easy, as it was a long day yesterday! This was super easy to make - I love that you can just throw everything in a blender & pour into the pie pan - no crust needed! I tried some last night & I love the coconut-y flavor. It did taste a bit egg-y, but the whole concept was just wonderful. I put it in the fridge overnight & have it out now at work. I kind of like it cold, better! I will add this to my quick & easy dessert list. Thank you!
This turned out really good. I would recommend eating it warm as it has a egg custard appeal to it. Even though I am a huge coconut aficionado this didn't seem to overbearing.
What a quick, delicious dessert! My family, who doesn't care for coconut, even enjoyed this. %u263A