Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
yummy! recipe did not give an oven temperature..but I am guessing 350*..
- 1 quart milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup saltine crackers, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- scald milk in saucepan -- add beaten egg yolks.3/4 cup sugar, cracker crumbs and coconut.mix well --
- cooking and stirring constantly.till thickened.
- remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- pour into sprayed 3 quart baking dish --
- beat egg whites till stiff and gradually add 1/2 cup sugar to make a meringuw --
- spread over pudding and put in oven long enough to nicely brown meringue tips.
- be careful not to burn.