Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this pie! It's so pretty and tastes so good.
Make and share this Amish Country Strawberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 quarts strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons karo white corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons jell-o strawberry gelatin
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar, spread carefully over bottom of baked pie shell.
- Arrange berries in shell.
- Berries should be sliced.
- Cook sugar, syrup, water, salt, and cornstarch over medium heat until thick.
- Add Jello mix and cool.
- Pour glaze over berries and refrigerate.
Absolutely the best strawberry pie I have ever tasted! I made this one tonight and it was superb! We usually use cool whip or whipped cream on our strawberry pie, but with the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of the crust, it makes the pie extra special. Everyone must try this one, simple and delicious!! YUM!
I made this for tonights dinner and guess what? There is a piece missing and I am the only one here. Must have a ghost! Well, at least the ghost has good tastes. This IS the very best strawberry pie I have ever eaten.(oops!)
Mmmmmmmmmmm. so good. The first strawberry pie I've ever made and the only recipe I'll use from now on.