Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Add this dish to one of your favorite recipes to try!
- 1 lb beef, chunks or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Saute chopped onion in olive oil.
- Add beef.
- Cook well.
- Add can of tomato soup undiluted.
- Cook egg noodles according to directions on package.
- Drain well.
- Add can of cream of mushroom soup, undiluted.
- Grease casserole dish.
- Place 1/2 of beef mixture in bottom of casserole.
- Add 1/2 of noodle mixture.
- Put rest of beef on noodles.
- Add remaining noodles.
- If desired,sprinkle paprika lightly over top of noodles.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly.
We added cheese to the top - my boys enjoyed it, but I found it a little bland. Next timr I make it we'll see what we can do to tweak it.
I finally had time to try something new today, and I chose this! It was very easy to make and, although I did have to change a couple things, it turned out great! I followed Laura Dawn's advice by adding some minced garlic to the meat and tomato soup mixture. I had to use Bow Tie pasta (12 oz box)- it was all we had! A last minute addition I made was about 1/4 to 1/3 cup's worth of frozen corn added to the meat mixture. I wanted to get a veggie in it so it wouldn't appear so plain. Everyone loved it, I did sprinkle some paprika on the top. No leftovers, it fed 5 people. (I had the most!) Thank you very much for sharing! I was a nice change!
Three out of five of us enjoyed it! I did add a little bacon that I had left over, added garlic as well, which added a nice flavor. Next time I will use more than leftover bacon, maybe 1/2 a pound for the next time I make it. Very good with a side salad. Laura