Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a warm comforting recipe that has been passed down through the Amish community
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute onion 2 to 3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until browned.
- In a large soup pot, cook noodles according to package directions; drain well and return noodles to pot. Add ground beef mixture and remaining ingredients, except paprika; mix well. Place in prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
This is not a glamorous meal, or one to serve to company...but it's a wonderful, stick-to-your-ribs meal that will please your family. Including the picky eaters. I don't even think I've made any changes to the recipe -- just followed the directions, and that was it.