Prep 5 mins
Cook 32 mins
Here is one for Cornbread using the Amish Friendship Bread Starter.
- 1 cup amish batter (use Amish Friendship Starter or your own recipe)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Combine all above in large bowl and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add: oil, baking soda, salt, and baking powder Mix well and pour in well greased 9" pan.
- Bake at 425*F 25-30 minutes.
Sorry but my family really hated this. It was awful. They (husband & 2 adult sons) said it was terrible and I have to agree with them. I'm no novice, I have been baking cornbread since I was 12. My dad taught me to bake cornbread and it never tasted this awful.
This will be a favorite. I used buttermilk instead of regular milk, 2 t. baking powder, and melted 1 or 2 T. butter in the brownie pan before pouring in the batter. Best cornbread I've had in a long time. Cut up nicely too & not crumbly!