1/1 Photo of Amish Cooked Salad Dressing
This is from The Amish Cook Recollections and Recipes from an Old Order Amish Family by Elizabeth Coblentz with Kevin Williams. It's posted in response to a recipe request. The Amish community this recipe represents is in Indiana, the Midwestern part of the U.S.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 tbsp of the water;set aside.
- 2In a saucepan, whisk together the flour, mustard, and sugar, then whisk in the remaining 1 cup water, vinegar, oil and lemon juice; heat over medium heat for 1 minute, whisking continuously (the dressing will be thick).
- 3Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and continue to cook for about 1 minute, stirring until the dressing has a mashed potato consistency and is off-white in color.
- 4Remove from heat, cover, and cool completely.
- 5Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator (will keep for several weeks).
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Cooked Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.9
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 4.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g