1/1 Photo of Amish Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread
2 hrs 45 mins
This is great toasted, or we like it also with chicken salad sandwiches..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup of unseasoned mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages instant yeast
- 7 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1Scald the milk in saucepan.
- 2Remove from flame and add sugar, salt, butter and mashed potatoes. Cool.
- 3Dissolve yeast in the warm water in a seperate bowl; then add this to milk mixture. Add raisins and flour.
- 4Let it rise in a nice warm place for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Divide dough into 2 loaves.
- 6Roll out on a lightly floured surface and spread half of the filling on each roll. Roll up as for jelly roll and pinch edges together .
- 7Place in 2 greased 9x5 loaf pan and set in a warm place to rise for about an hour.
- 8Bake in loaf pans at 350* for about 45-55 minutes sounds hollow when tapped.
- 9Remove from oven and brush top with small amount of melted butter or margarine.
- 10Let cool in pans 10-15 minutes and then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2959.8
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 34.4 g
- Cholesterol 149.7 mg
- Sodium 3085.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 550.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.9 g
- Sugars 142.2 g
- Protein 63.0 g