This is great toasted, or we like it also with chicken salad sandwiches..
Make and share this Amish Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Scald the milk in saucepan.
- Remove from flame and add sugar, salt, butter and mashed potatoes. Cool.
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water in a seperate bowl; then add this to milk mixture. Add raisins and flour.
- Let it rise in a nice warm place for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Divide dough into 2 loaves.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface and spread half of the filling on each roll. Roll up as for jelly roll and pinch edges together .
- Place in 2 greased 9x5 loaf pan and set in a warm place to rise for about an hour.
- Bake in loaf pans at 350* for about 45-55 minutes sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove from oven and brush top with small amount of melted butter or margarine.
- Let cool in pans 10-15 minutes and then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely.