2 hrs 30 mins
This came from an Amish cookbook I've had since 1990. Their breads are fabulous and their cinnamon rolls are out of this world. Sorry there is no icing recipe included here. They either forgot to submit or it's just their secret !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 4 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 1/2 cups unsifted flour
- 1Scald mild and pour it over the sugar, salt and shortening.
- 2Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- 3When milk has cooled to lukewarm, add yeast and eggs, beating well.
- 4Add flour gradually, beating well.
- 5Place dough in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled (2 hours).
- 6Divide dough into 2 portions.
- 7Roll out to 1/4" thick.
- 8Spread with melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- 9Roll like jelly roll and cut 1" slices.
- 10Place in a greased pan with cut side down.
- 11Flatten with palm of hand and let rise again.
- 12Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- 13Top with your favorite icing.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 134.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g